What You Need:
- Pitas (whole wheat)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese (part skim)
- Italian seasoning and garlic powder
- Brush the pita with a little extra virgin olive oil (it's the secret to the most delicious pizza crust, you know)
- Add sauce and spread across top of pita.
- Sprinkle a little dried Italian seasonings and garlic powder, especially if you are using a plain tomato sauce. It'll add a little bit of extra flavor.
- Add your cheese and your toppings.
- Cook at 350 degrees for about 15 - 20 minutes (for two pizzas).
My mom and I would occasionally have make-your-own-pizza nights and I always loved doing that. What was especially great about this meal, is that I was using lots of extras from other meals I'd prepared and letting nothing go to waste! The pitas were extras not being used for falafel night, the sauce was left over from making chili, and so was the bell pepper.