What You Need:
- Bread of choice (I used a loaf of artisan bread, and cut 4 thick slices)
- Eggs (2 eggs were enough for the amount of bread I used)
- Milk (1/2 cup of almond milk)
- Spices, if you choose (yes please! cinnamon and nutmeg for me)
- Crack the eggs into a pie dish and beat with a fork. Add the milk and spices.
- Slice bread and dip slices into the egg mixture, letting each side soak for a few seconds until it becomes saturated.
- In a non-stick pan, lay slices out and cook until a golden brown crisp on each side.