Saturday, October 1, 2011

Well, because it's Friday...

I almost made it, but not quite. The last meal I had planned for this week was one of my favorites, but a favorite I haven't made in several months: falafel (sorry, I'm not quite sure what happened to the pictures from this post!).

I've been up way too last the past few nights, and especially last night. Around 1:30, just as I was about to doze off, I heard the snap of the mouse trap I have set up behind the refrigerator. Ugh. When you live in a house that was built in the late 1800s, you get a few uninvited guests as the weather starts to get cold. By the way, no harm done - when I check it this morning it was just tripped and flipped over - no critter. In any case, I yawned my way through the work day (I think they're brewing half-caff...agh!), and when it was time to go home, I couldn't bear the thought of going to the grocery store during the mad pre-dinner rush (it seems no one in my neighborhood plans dinners and shops ahead...ever), and then spending another 30-40 minutes preparing the meal. Because it's Friday, and because I was hanging out with puppies, and because I'm a big girl and can do what I want, I ordered a pizza. I have to remind myself periodically that my body is not built to eat garbage. My tummy would have been much happier with falafel.

In other news, Ash has taken to home-brewing beer, and I want to tell you all about it, but it's really late and I have horse stalls to clean bright and early tomorrow. So...I'll save it for later.

No comments: