Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh my!

Yesterday I read a blog posting about a place I adore - Costa Rica. I went there during the summer of 2006 and will be returning again this May. The author of the blog mentioned someone handing her a banana and avocado smoothie while she was on the beach. Pause. Think. Banana and avocado...hmmm....that sounds...delightful?

DELICIOUS!

I have been needing a grocery shopping trip and since I put it off yesterday, I grabbed what I could for lunch today: an avocado (remember...no meat or fish!). When I got to work I saw that I'd left a banana from yesterday. Ta-da!

Seriously, these flavors are AMAZING together. The avocado has such a light flavor and smooth texture, and the banana has a grainy(ish) texture and a sweet taste.

Just chop 'em up and mix on a plate! This weekend I'm going to try a smoothie with yogurt.