Friday, February 20, 2009

Personal Pizzas

Who doesn't love pizza? Okay...until I was in 3rd grade, I did not. But now I do and I love to make my own at home. The day I made this I was running late while getting ready for work, so I did not have time to make my own dough that morning to let it rise during the day. Instead, I went to the grocery store during my lunch break and picked up a package of Boboli pizza crusts so that I could make dinner right away when I was home. I've been making a lot of meals with shortcuts lately, and I don't feel like they are any less "homemade" because of that. Making your own dinner doesn't have to be a multi-hour prep-and-cook ordeal.

These ingredients were for 2 personal-sized pizzas.

What you need:
  • 1 8-oz can of tomato sauce
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Personal-sized pizza crusts
  • 2 Roma tomatoes
  • 1 Bell pepper
  • 1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Oregano
  • Garlic cloves (enough for your personal taste)
What you do:
  • On each crust, drizzle a little olive oil.
  • Mince 2 cloves of garlic (on the heavier end of garlic flavor) per pizza and add minced garlic to the sauce or sprinkle on top of sauce; spoon desired amount of sauce onto each pizza crust and spread.
  • Slice one Roma tomato per pizza and add enough slices to cover crust.
  • Sprinkle Oregano or other desired seasonings.
  • Add cheese.
  • On one pizza I added slices of 1/2 the bell pepper.
  • Heat oven to 450 degrees and bake the pizzas for about 14 minutes. If cheese needs extra time to melt, put under the broiler.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I'll take the pepper one, please!