Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Veggie on the run

Sometimes you simply need a quick and easy dinner. Other times you're dreaming that dinner will practically prepare itself as soon as you step foot in the door. Here's your solution:


My cousin clued me in to Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers, and now I almost always have a box of them in my freezer. I also usually have a package of tortillas in my fridge. What does that mean? Instant meal! The burgers cook in the microwave in about 1 minute and 30 seconds. All you have to do after that is chop it up. Use whatever toppings you have available - tonight I added avocado, shredded cheese and a little bit of picante sauce - roll it all up in the tortilla and there's your dinner! I also love bringing this to work because it's a super easy and quick lunch.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I'm famously mentioned!

Dude - I love those and I've tried cooking them each way mentioned (oven, skillet, microwave) and it DOESN'T matter - they're always the same level of yum.

I like your take on them. I rarely ate them as burgers, usually did stuff like this - over rice, in a taco, over a salad, etc. Versatile!