Saturday, October 10, 2009

To market, to market

Have you ever had such a knock-out grocery shopping trip during which you've bought so many great meal components that you don't even know where to start once you get home? A blessing and a curse at the same time, hmm? That's how I'm feeling after getting home from the co-op! I think my first step is going to be to make a meal plan for the week, and take it from there.

Here is a sampling of some of the items I bought (L=local product; O=organic):
  • 1 lb. ground turkey (L)
  • red beans (O)
  • black beans (O)
  • rice (O)
  • pumpkin puree (O)
  • red cabbage (L)
  • red potatoes (L)
  • tomato sauce (O)
  • assorted cheeses
  • pasta
  • acorn squash (L)
  • broccoli
  • bell pepper (L)
  • eggs (L)
  • vidalia onion
There was plenty more that came home with me - organic fruit, local dairy products, organic yogurt, etc., but the above items are what will be featured in this week's meals.

No comments: