Saturday, July 4, 2009

Summertime Staple: Fresh-squeezed Lemonade

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. It's quick, easy and refreshing. Forget about those "lemonade" mixes with all the unnecessary extra ingredients!

What you need:
  • 2-qt pitcher
  • 2 lemons
  • Filtered water
What you do:
  • Cut both lemons in half and use a hand juicer to juice all 4 lemon halves.
  • Pour the juice into your pitcher, and fill with filtered water.
  • No sugar necessary, but maybe I should warn you that I love tart and sour flavors. If you do use sugar, try Florida Crystals Natural Cane Sugar for a healthier option.

2 comments:

Jan Holt said...

I'll never forget the first time I made real lemonade from scratch in Australia for my husband and his family. They looked at me like I was from another planet and then gulped it down so fast I went through about 10 lemons and a bag of sugar that day!

So glad to have found your blog.

Hydrangea Lamp Hooks

You've been RANDOMIZED!!

Click here to visit my site and participate in Totally Random Sunday!

wwww.petalsyoga.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

YAY! I have some homegrown lemons given by a friend in San Francisco...this sounds like the perfect drink to make with them!