Saturday, August 29, 2009

From the Garden

This is an easy meal that could either be straight from your garden, or probably all purchased locally from a farmers market. Simple, filling and tasty. My co-op has an awesome variety of potatoes (even purple ones!), so I might try this with some other options as we get into the colder months. Also, you could very easily add a meat to this dish if you wanted. It'd be almost like a stew without the broth.

What You Need:
  • Potato (I used a red potato)
  • Veggies (Carrots, yellow squash, zucchini and broccoli)
  • EVOO
  • Seasoning
What You Do:
  • Wash and cut your potatoes and veggies.
  • Option A: Stir all veggies with a little EVOO and seasoning and bake at 350 for 10-15 min.
  • Option B: Steam veggies while potatoes (stirred in EVOO and seasoning) bake.

I chose option B because I had already steamed my veggies earlier in the day, without knowing exactly what I was going to make for dinner. Also, I used a little sprinkling of Season All (seasoned salt) on my potatoes. Cooking the potatoes and veggies separately spared me from eating overly salted foods. If you're using any type of herbs for seasoning, I'd say throw 'em all together and bake.

No comments: