What You Need:
- Fish of your choice
- Grains (quinoa, cous cous, harvest grains mix, lentils, etc.)
- Veggies (I added carrots)
- Seasoning (For fish, grains and veggies, I love Salsa Lizano, a Costa Rican staple.)
- A few hours prior to starting your meal, marinate your fish in a seasoning rub or sauce.
- Cook your grains according to package directions. I've often had problems with TJ's harvest grains sticking to the bottom of the pot, despite following the cooking instructions. This time, I smartened up and used a deep, non-stick frying pan with a lid. What do you know...not a single grain wasted by being glued to the bottom of the pan.
- Chop your veggies and toss in with the grains to steam.
- As the grains are nearing their finish, start the fish. I did a pan-seared tilapia tonight by melting a little Smart Balance in the bottom of the pan and then cooked the fish on both sides until it was cooked through.
- Make a nice little bed of grains on your plate, top with the fish and finish off with an extra dash of seasonings or drizzle of sauce if you choose.