Monday, August 10, 2009

Garlic Chicken Caesar Pitas

Clearly, I have a backlog of chicken recipes I have neglected to post over the past few weeks. Although the past three recipes have all been chicken, I only each chicken once every two-to-three weeks. In fact, that's all the meat I eat. I'm a real sucker for a great chicken caesar salad and I'm loving the way I've been cooking chicken lately. I had all the ingredients at home and ready, except for the lettuce, which I picked up after work. Easy meal!

What you Need:
  • Chicken breast strips (free range, vegetarian fed)
  • EVOO
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • Romaine or green leaf lettuce (in the garden)
  • Tomato(es) - from the roof garden!
  • Organic Caesar dressing
  • Shredded Parmesan cheese
  • Multi-grain pita, cut in half
What you Do:
  • Prepare the chicken as I have in other recipes - diced, cooked in EVOO and fresh minced garlic.
  • Chop your lettuce and dry in a salad spinner (I bought my first one a few weeks ago and use it every chance I get!) and cut the tomato(es).
  • Mix the veggies, chicken, parm shreds and dressing. Then stuff those pitas!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Man those look good! I need to get me some more pitas!